Frequently Asked Questions
10 Questions to Ask Your Veterinarian before you choose to cremate your pet
- Does the cremation company belong to any national organizations that enforce ethical cremation policies?
- Has your veterinarian visited the cremation company to ensure your pet is treated in a dignified and honorable manner?
- How often does the crematory company transport pets from your veterinary clinic?
- Will your pet be transported in a clean, appropriate vehicle to the crematory?
- What type of identification is placed with your pet during cremation to ensure you receive their remains back?
- If you prefer a private cremation (different than Individual), can your veterinary clinic ensure your beloved pet is being cremated alone?
- What is a communal cremation, and can your veterinary clinic guarantee the cremation company will respectfully dispose of the cremated remains?
- In what timeframe will your pet’s cremated remains be brought back to you?
- Along with the cremated remains of your beloved pet, what other remembrance items will you receive?
- Does the cremation company provide any aftercare or support for you after the loss of your beloved pet?